Saturday, May 12, 2012

DIY House Numbers

You remember this pile of landscape bricks I had in my yard?


Well, after doing a little work with them - making my patio garden - there was still, a pile left!  That light bulb turned on in my head and I grabbed a few bricks, and my newly purchased paint pen.  (It actually looks and works more like a concealer stick, but smells like paint!  Mine is from Hobby Lobby.)  Since I didn't have and super-cool-looking stencils, I chose to free-hand.

Literally TWO minutes later, here's what I came up with...


My new front porch and flower beds are a work in progress!  So far we've trimmed the existing bushes and put in mulch.  Also, we chose to put new landscape rock as the bed border.

We had our house number on the mailbox out at the road, but I wanted them somewhere else too, bigger and nearer to the house.  The bricks balance solidly on the landscape rock!  This was basically FREE and as I said, only took a few minutes.  I LOVE this kind of brilliant inspiration!  (And so does our budget!)  *smiles*


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I hope MommieJoys is an inspiration and blessing.